Friday, May 14, 2010

Thank Goodness It's Friday

That's right, it's Friday again. Where has the time gone so quickly?

I had high hopes for Thursday. But the late night on Wednesday made more tired than usual. During the day, I found myself dosing off a little every once in a while when I was reading or trying to concentrate on something. I usually spend a lot of the time in the morning going through my e-mail and then checking what is going on around the state by going the KSL.com for the news.

I am scheduled to present the lesson in my High Priest Group meeting this coming Sunday. This week's lesson in No. 10 and it's on the Scriptures. I've read the lesson through once and Melanie spoke on the telephone about the May issue of the Ensign. She said one of James' high school classmates, a girl named Jan Madsen, was pictured in it with her husband and three young children (two girls and one boy). As I was looking through the Ensign to find the picture, I happened to notice the talk given by Elder Todd Christopherson of the Quorum of the Twelve, on the subject of the Scriptures. So I read it. It was very interesting and informative and I plan to use parts of it in my lesson presentation on Sunday.

Last night before I went to bed, I telephoned the three families Gloria and I visit as Home Teachers. Two of them are actually single adult sisters: Sisters Norton and Payne, and the third is a retired couple name Gwynn. I scheduled times when we could visit them this evening. So, we met with Sister Norton at a little after 4:00 o'clock, Sister Payne a little after 5:00, and the Gwynns at 5:45. And since this months home teaching message comes from the May issue of the Ensign which contains the April General Conference talks and reports, I decided to briefly review Elder Christoperson's talk on the Scriptures. By 6:30 we were back home having visited all three of our families and before the 15th of the month--two months in a row.

Gloria prepared franks and cooked cabbage for dinner. We haven't had that for quite some time. We also had some left-over corn on the cob. It was another early night to bed for Gloria again. I stayed up until after 10:30 myself. Then it was. . ."To the bed, to the bed, to the bed, bed, bed. To the bed, to the bed, to the bed, bed, bed." Oh, you know how it goes!

No comments: